Saturday, January 20, 2018

Feather Falls Hikes May 2017

I turned around, and 2017 was gone. After we came back from Ireland in June (which I posted about in August) we have been so busy doing, that I haven’t spent any time posting. While it wasn’t my intention to quit blogging about our travels, the fact is, seven months of activity have accumulated since our Ireland trip, and five months have passed since I posted anything. It did occur to me this might be a sign that I was ready to put the blog aside. But, just to be sure, I listed all the places we’d been and all the things we’d done between May-June 2017 and now to see if I would be inspired to continue. I updated our online map on TravellersPoint with our 2017 trips (We Were Here in 2017). Sure enough, I felt something stir, and decided I wasn’t ready to put the blog down just yet.

However, I can’t just pick up with where we are now (Tucson, Arizona). To keep it real, I need to keep the chronological order of events accurate, even though I will be writing and posting pictures from several months in the past until I get caught up. The experiences are still noteworthy and worth remembering for me, and getting it into the stream in the proper order will help me preserve the memories logically. To kick things back up, I am starting with two hikes to Feather Falls in May 2017, which actually predates our Ireland trip.

Feather Falls is located on the Fall River, a tributary of the Middle Fork Feather River, within the Plumas National Forest in the Sierra Nevada mountain range in Butte County. Dan and I have hiked this trail close to a dozen times now, and I’ve posted about it over the years as well. Even though the waterfall remains more or less the same, it never fails to impress and delight, along with the wildflowers, lady bugs, and the breathtaking beauty of the hiking trial.

Our second hike in May was unique and special because we were joined by my sister, her husband, their son, and his fiancé (and their dog, Benji). It was so much fun being able to share one of our favorite places with others.

Here are some pictures from both hikes, taken about two weeks apart.

























No comments:

Post a Comment